Frequently Asked Questions

If you are unable to find your answer please contact us.

Airport (15)

Who provides snow removal and lawn care services?

The Lessee is responsible for snow removal and weed control on the leased property. The City of Richland Center contracts with the Buena Vista Flying Club for grass mowing and snow removal services.

The Lessee is responsible for snow removal and weed control on the leased property. The City of Richland Center contracts with the Buena Vista Flying Club for grass mowing and snow removal services.

Wisconsin does not assess personal property taxes on aircraft. Registration fees do apply. The State of Wisconsin charges fees based on the weight of the aircraft. An aircraft weighing up to 2,500 lbs. is assessed an annual fee of $39. An aircraft weighing 11,000 lbs. is assessed an annual fee of $690. In general, the fees assessed by Wisconsin are lower than fees charged by the State of Minnesota. Minnesota charges 1% of fair market value, depreciating to 25% of 1% over a period of seven years. A $200,000 Cirrus would initially be assessed a first year fee of $2000, while Wisconsin would amount to about $70. A $5,200,000 Raytheon Premier One registration fee would amount to approximately $52,000 the first year in Minnesota. In Wisconsin, it would amount to $940.00 – an annual savings of $51,060.00.

How do I obtain a lease for a hangar space at the Richland Center Municipal Airport?

Download a copy of the hangar layout and choose a lot. Contact Melinda D. Jones at 608-647-3466 and arrange a time to sign a lease. It’s quick and simple. Additionally, hangar lots cannot be “held” or have an “option” placed on them. Lots are awarded on a first come, first served basis.

How long is the lease?

The Richland Center Municipal Airport offers lease agreements up to 20 years in length. A policy to automatically renew leases at their expiration date as long as the lessee has not been found in default.

My bank is concerned about lending money for a building located on leased property. What can I do?

The Richland Center Municipal Airport can submit letters to local banks explaining the lease procedures and the renewal process. All banks are usually satisfied with the process and were willing to proceed.

View category→

Police (17)

How does alternate side parking work?

City Council Resolution 2012-13 changed the Alternate Side Parking procedure for vehicles parked on streets within the city of Richland Center. Beginning November 1, 2012, vehicles parked on the street are now required to follow Alternate Side Parking regulations each and every night between November 1st and March 31st between the hours of midnight and 7:00 am. Alternate Side Parking is no longer tied to an accumulating snowfall as had been the case for the past ten years.

Alternate Side Parking is enforced between midnight and 7:00 am. During those hours, vehicles must be parked on the odd numbered side of the street on odd numbered dates and the even side of the street on even numbered dates. The date during the overnight hours of midnight to 7:00 am determines odd or even side parking. Residents need to make sure that any overnight guests are in compliance with Alternate Side Parking. Residents with questions regarding the new procedure are encouraged to call the police department at 647-2103.

Do I have to have address numbers on my home or business?

Yes. City ordinance requires address numbers to be securely attached to the front of all buildings in a conspicuous position and not higher that the first or ground floor. The numbers shall be not less than three (3) inches in height. House numbers greatly assist fire, police and EMS in locating the correct address. It is also very helpful for deliveries, family and friends.

Where can I obtain a temporary license plate for my new vehicle?

You can obtain a temporary license plate from the Battery Box located on Hwy 80 just south of the city or at Richland Motors located at 270 South Jefferson Street.

Where do I pay a parking ticket?

You can pay either at the Richland Center Police Department or by dropping the yellow ticket containing the correct amount into one of our yellow collection boxes located in front of the Richland County Bank or in front of BMO Harris Bank.

View category→